With Santa Claus preparing to come to town, the Somers Volunteer Fire Department is urging area residents to clean their chimneys following a pair of recent fires that broke out.
Crews from the Somers Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to a pair of chimney fires on Sunday, Nov. 18. The two fires were reported within a few hours of each other, and investigation into each determined that the cause of the flames was creosote build up in the chimney.
Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish both chimney fires, and no structural damage or injuries were reported. In a post on Facebook, the department noted that “it is important that you get your chimney cleaned!”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.