SOMERS, N.Y. - Following is a list of upcoming events this week in Somers:
- Monday: Presidents Day. The library and the post offices are closed. Most stores are open usual hours.
- Monday: Recess week for school children in Somers begins. Classes resume on Monday, Feb. 27.
- Monday 6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. A Night at the Museum, for kids pre-school through fifth grade, presented by the Somers Historical Society. Come in your pjs, celebrate Presidents Day and listen to stories. Children in second to fifth grades get to go on a museum hunt for local history. No charge, but a $1 contribution is suggested. Registration is requested. Call 914-277-4977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. The Somers Library invites children of all ages to drop by at any time of day to have some fun with the librarys craft materials.
- Tuesday 6:30 p.m. Meeting of the Substance Abuse Council at the Somers Town House.
- Tuesday 7:30 p.m. Meeting of the Zoning Board of Appeals at the Somers Town House.
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 7:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Muscoot Farm offers families the opportunity to experience real farm life by helping with morning chores. Water and feed the animals, muck out stalls, and clean pens. A farmers breakfast with the farm staff will follow. Children must be 3-years-old or older. At least one adult must accompany a child participant. You may only sign up for one day. The fee is $10 per person. For more information call 914-864-7286.
- Wednesday 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. Illustrator Julie Fortenberry, creator of the artwork for Eve Buntings Pirate Boy, will be at the library to show how she develops her illustrations. Children will get to try out Fortenberrys techniques on their own illustrations. Materials will be provided. Open to children between five and 12 years of age. Call to register and remember to give a 24 hour notice of cancellation to make room for someone on the waiting list.
- Thursday 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. Children of all ages are invited to learn how to stand, talk, laugh, eat, walk, sing and swashbuckle like a pirate. Magic, music, gags, bubbles and lots of fun. No registration is necessary but the program is limited to Somers residents.
- Thursday 7:30 p.m. Meeting of the Architectural Review Board at the Somers Town House.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.