SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Historical Society has announced its 2014 gingerbread festival winners.
Peoples Choice Winners:
- Adult - Old Bet Statue, Nancy Welo
- Teen - The Mexican Shack, Athena Traver
- Youth - King Kone, Tyler Brownstein & Connor Durso
- Child - District No. 3 Schoolhouse, Country Children's Center After School Program
Anything Goes Division
- Adult - The Hotel Giraffe, Jeff Zimmermann
- Best of Show - 1st, King Kone
The Pastry Chef Award was presented to Somers Cub Scout Den 7, Pack 11 for Its portrayal of The Elephant Hotel. It was the only judged award.
It was determined by judge Past Chef/Culinary Institute grad and former student historian, Patrice Lovell and awarded for best creative use of all food materials, from scratch.
Winners received gift certificates from Somers 202, Somerfields, Stuarts Apple Orchard, Somers Historical Society and Amazon.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.