SOMERS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Somers last week:
- A firefighter was injured during the battle to squelch a blaze on Route 100 in Somers, News 12 Westchester reported.
- A second major accident on southbound I-684 on Monday was reported at 3:15 p.m. The accident, at Route 35 in Katonah Exit 6), initially took out two lanes, as did an accident further south on I-684 during the morning commute.
- One IBM employee was taken to the hospital after being exposed to cyanide Wednesday morning, according to Lt. Kevin Soravilla of the Yorktown police.
- Westchester County had seven different school districts in the top 25 rankings of best public school systems, according to Niche, an education website dedicated to providing rankings and systems on school districts throughout the country.
- New York State Police ticketed 47 people during a Distracted Driver Enforcement Detail on Interstate 684.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.