SOMERS, N.Y. -- The Somers Lions Club is accepting applications for its community service scholarship through Friday, March 6.
The following rules are the selection criteria:
- A high school senior with exceptional promise who resides in the town of Somers and will be attending a college or a technical school.
- Community service participation that demonstrates a depth of commitment.
- A two- to three-page essay (not to exceed 500 words) based on community service that includes the following: reason(s) for volunteering for the organization(s); statement about the organization’s role in the community; student’s role as a volunteer in the organization(s); and what the student learned from doing this community service.
- Two letters that verify the student’s volunteer work. Letters must be from someone who has observed the student in his/her role as a volunteer. Letters must be included with the application.
- Signature and date on application
The scholarships are given in memory of Lions Charles Ward, Henry Salerno, Wayne Van Tassel, Armand Fourgeot and Joe Casale. There are five available.
To access the application and for further instructions, click here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.