WESTCHESTER, N.Y. – Several Westchester residents were among the 192 latest graduates from the New York State Police Academy’s Basic School.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo addressed the new members of the New York State Police in a commencement ceremony on Wednesday.
“Today’s graduates join the ranks of courageous men and women who work tirelessly to protect the people of New York,” Cuomo said. “I am grateful for the outstanding work that members of the New York State Police do every day to keep our state safe.”
The following Westchester residents graduated as new members of the State Police:
- Eric J. Abruzese of White Plains (Troop B – Ray Brook)
- Homer X. Garcia of Yonkers (Troop C – Sidney)
- Christopher A. Azzollini of Scarsdale (Troop D – Oneida)
- Bryan T. Leonard of Yorktown Heights (Troop D – Oneida)
- Ryan P. Hogan of Yonkers (Troop K – Poughkeepsie)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.