A man with a residence in Northern Westchester has been named in a multi-count indictment after he was allegedly caught on a “nanny cam” attempting to take inappropriate photos of a small child.
John Passaretti, 50, who lives in both West Palm Beach, Florida, and Pleasantville, has been arraigned on charges related in his attempt to take a sexually explicit photo of a child, Westchester County District Attorney Anthony Scarpino, Jr., said.
Passaretti was arrested in October and has been charged with:
- Two counts of use of a child in a sexual performance;
- Two counts of promoting an obscene performance by a child;
- Two counts of promoting a sexual performance by a child;
- Two counts of possessing an obscene performance by a child;
- Two counts of possessing a sexual performance by a child;
- Sexual abuse;
- Endangering the welfare of a child.
Scarpino said that Passaretti was arrested on Tuesday, Oct. 29, by police in Port Chester with an assist from Pleasantville police officers. The arrest came following a complaint that was made claiming that Passaretti may have photographed a young child in a sexual manner.
According to the complaint, the incident was captured on a home video camera system, sometimes referred to as a “nanny cam.” Westchester County DA’s Criminal Investigators aided in the investigation.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.