Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out some of these local events going on in Rye, Rye Brook, and Port Chester.
- The Rye Free Reading Room is offering Preschool Story Time from 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. every Saturday through March. The library presents age-appropriate stories and allows the children to participate in fun games, rhymes and other activities to develop pre-literacy skills and an interest in books and reading.
- Every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mamaroneck will be hosting a Winter's Farmer's Market inside St. Thomas Episcopal Church located at 168 West Boston Post Road.
- Children's Education Zone located on Irving Avenue in Port Chester is hosting an anniversary celebration at 3 p.m. on Saturday. The event is completely free and there will be entertainment, food and giveaways.
- Friday nights are "Party Night" at the Rye Playland Ice Casino. The night is complete with a live DJ, on-ice contests and giveaways. Tickets are $12 with skate rental included.
- While Friday night at Playland is party night, Saturday is groovier. From 9:15 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Playland Ice Casino hosts Saturday Night Grooves, where participants dress in garb from the 70s, 80s and 90s.
- Come to Rye Nature Center this Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for "Breakfast with the Birds". The family-oriented event helps children learn more about winter birds.
- There will be a special screening of "Red Tails, a drama about the Tuskegee Airmen, at City Cinema in White Plains on Saturday morning. The film starts at 10 a.m. and tickets are $12.
- The Rye YMCA's "Y 2Night!" on Saturday is an evening of entertainment geared towards Middle School children. Activities include basketball, swimming (swim caps required), working out, video games, air hockey, pool, ping-pong and foosball. Admission is free for members and $5 for non-members.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.