RIVERTOWNS, N.Y. – Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Dobbs Ferry, Hastings and Ardsley last week:
- After learning in the local news that the Hastings-on-Hudson's American Legion Post was struggling financially, Zak Armacost rallied his own troops and made sure his local veterans were taken care of.
- Hastings' newest restaurant, Forty°North, got a "Very Good" rating from The New York Times.
- The 21-year-old man who was found on fire while attempting to ride on top of a Metro-North train in Greenwichdied as a result of his injuries.
- Westchester-based attorney Andrew Barovick has resigned his position with the New York City Bar Association after publishing racist tweets about Sheriff Chris Moss, according to News 12 Westchester.
- Westchester County law enforcement is launching an anonymous Web tip program -- tip411 -- that will allow anyone with a smartphone, tablet, standard cellphone or computer to text in a tip to the local police department.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.