ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- Nyack volunteer firefighters Monday rescued a hiker who fell down Hook Mountain from a trail onto a ledge.
- Police continue searching for the driver who struck and killed a bicyclist from Pomona and drove off on Monday night along Route 202, and have released the identity of the man killed.
- Orangetown police said they are investigating the possible use of a “skimmer” device on an ATM in Nyack.
- A man helping to build a house in Monsey suffered a non-life threatening head injury Thursday.
- Yelp, the consumer review website, has ranked some of the best restaurants in the Rockland County area.
- A local investigation has found that multiple non-public schools in Rockland County aren't meeting the state's fire codes.
- A Hazardous Weather Outlook that includes Rockland, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for a winter storm due to arrive Monday night.
Visit and bookmark your Daily Voice site:
Click here to follow Daily Voice Ramapo and receive free news updates.