PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following are the top stories of the week for Putnam County.
- Eleven senior citizens who lost their homes during a fire Tuesday at the Hughson Commons Senior Housing are homeless and staying at local hotels, according to the American Red Cross New York Branch.
- Putnam County Undersheriff Peter H. Convery died suddenly on Tuesday, Sheriff Donald B. Smith announced.
- Citing "severe emotional distress" over the campaign that resulted in the election of Donald Trump as 45th president, a Hudson Valley man is suing the real estate magnate and former reality TV star for $1 billion, according to a filing Monday in federal court in Manhattan.
- The owners of a lost dog named Max are seeking the public’s help in locating him. He was last seen on Crane Road in Carmel.
- Hudson Valley residents should be on the lookout for deer when driving, especially at night as their breeding season is underway, and that makes them more active.
- A Carmel man is due in Yorktown Town Court next month to answer to a charge that he crashed a car while driving with a suspended driver's license, according to authorities.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.