PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Putnam County.
- Carmel teen Hailey Knox has just signed a recording contract after gathering thousands of followers on YouTube.
- New York State Police from the Brewster barracks and Somers barracks and the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department have issued an alert to residents of Westchester and Putnam counties to lock their vehicles, following a series of car larcenies in residential neighborhoods.
- A 14-year-old student at Lakeland High School was arrested and charged with third-degree-attempted-assault on Tuesday after a recent altercation inside the school cafeteria, according to the Yorktown Police Department.
- Putnam County's unemployment rate in November was 4 percent, which was among the state's lowest.
- State Sen. Terrence Murphy delivered a $25,000 grant to the Brewster School District, which helped pay for the installation of new mats in the Brewster wrestling room.
- Putnam County legislators have confirmed Dr. Michael Nesheiwat of Carmel as acting health commissioner after former commissioner Dr. Allen Beals was placed on administrative leave, according to theexaminernews.com.
- Kathryn Comperatore of Cold Spring faces DWI charges after she was involved in a one-car crash in Putnam Valley, the Putnam County Sheriff's Department said.
- Jerry Furey of Putnam County recently donated approximately 500 books to Iona College in New Rochelle.
- A Hazardous Weather Outlook that includes Putnam, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for a winter storm due to arrive Monday night.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.