PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. – Here’s a look at the top stories last week from around southern Westchester County.
- Putnam County deputies recently charged a Bronx man with possession of 40 bags of heroin while he was parked at a Southeast service station.
- A Dover woman is wanted by the New York State Police and Dover Justice Court for failing to appear in court on a grand larceny charge, according to the state police.
- A Jefferson Valley man was convicted by a jury of illegally taking photos of a female student from Kennedy Catholic High School at the Goldens Bridge train station.
- Foodies, here’s a little something to whet your appetites: a menu of more than 200 eateries participating in Hudson Valley Restaurant Week.
- An unidentified man was killed early Monday morning in a fiery one-car crash on Interstate 84 in Kent.
- Get ready for a winter that will be marked by frequent storms and possible above-normal snowfall, according to a new winter forecast released by AccuWeather.com.
- Four schools from the Hudson Valley and two from Westchester County have made it onto the list of National Blue Ribbon Schools for 2016, according to federal education officials.
- Republican congressional candidate Phil Oliva is claiming that his opponent, incumbent Democrat Sean Patrick Maloney, won't debate him on television in the race for the 18th Congressional District.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.