PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Putnam County.
- Mahopac residents are on the lookout after three brazen thieves made off with a banner touting Frankie's Waffles & Burgers on Route 6 for its Daily Voice's DVLicious victory as Best Soup in Putnam County.
- A house fire at 162 Lake Shore Drive in Lake Secor brought a full response from the Mahopac Falls Fire Department on Wednesday night just as the fire department was winding up its "drill night."
- Our Town Bagels in Mahopac is the winner of the DVlicious "Best Bagel in Putnam County."
- Two people were injured last Sunday in a four-vehicle crash on I-684 just south of I-84 that snarled traffic for hours.
- A recent uptick in scams targeting Putnam seniors and others is prompting police to warn folks to protect themselves against phony IRS agents.
- New York State Police from the Brewster barracks arrested a 53-year-old resident of Brewster on an aggravated DWI charge.
- A Putnam County sheriff’s deputy recently arrested a 21-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man from Westchester County on drug charges.
- Putnam Yoga is holding an open house this month to show off its newly renovated studio.
- Democratic U.S. Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney is urging employers to ban a practice that could be keeping people with criminal records from getting jobs.
- Putnam County residents or those who live with someone with a chronic illness can attend a free six-week Living Well workshop series, beginning May 9, at Putnam Hospital Center.
- A Putnam County sheriff’s deputy arrested a 58-year-old resident of Kent on a charge of petty larceny following an incident at a local ShopRite, authorities said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.