PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The election of a new sheriff and the discovery of a missing woman's car in Patterson topped the news in Putnam for the week.
There's a new sheriff in town. Click here to read the story.
The car of a missing woman who has been missing since Oct. 20 was found Tuesday in the parking lot of the Putnam Diner in Patterson by New York State Police. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- State police confirmed that they are investigating a hit-and-run incident that seriously injured a 20-year-old Patterson pedestrian about 8:45 p.m. on Friday night.
- Police nabbed a 26-year-old man for DWI after he lost control of his vehicle and struck a tree, according to Kent Police Chief Alex DiVernieri Jr.
- Angelika Graswald, who claimed until the very end that she was "not a murderer," received the maximum sentence allowed under her plea agreement of 1⅓ to 4 years in the death Vincent Viafore in Orange County Court Wednesday.
- Firefighters worked for more than an hour to rescue a female hiker from the Blue Trail near Anthony's Nose at Bear Mountain Bridge after she fell and twisted her ankle.
- For real-time Putnam news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Putnam County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Putnam Daily Voice on Twitter @PutnamDV.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.