Putnam County will be hosting a special vaccination clinic for those eligible in New York to receive the COVID-19 vaccine this week
County health officials announced that a first-dose Moderna COVID-19 clinic has been scheduled from noon to 3 p.m. on Thursday, April 8 for all eligible priority groups at the Philipstown Recreation Center in Garrison.
- Earlier story - COVID-19: New Deaths, Hospitalizations Reported In Putnam; Latest Rundown Of Cases By Town
Anyone who utilized the vaccination center must be available to receive their second dose on Thursday, May 6.
- Eligible priority groups include:
- Putnam residents who are 18 years of age and older;
- Putnam residents with comorbidities;
- Essential workers who live or work in Putnam;
- Healthcare workers who live or are employed in Putnam.
“Do not register for an appointment if you do not meet these criteria,” officials said. “You will be turned away at the door.
“Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. If you are more than 30 minutes late, your appointment will be forfeited.”
Officials made note that more vaccination centers are scheduled to be opened in the coming weeks as more allocations of the vaccine are provided to Putnam County.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.