PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Putnam County.
- Southeast resident Thomas P. Maloney, 18, is facing several reckless driving charges, among other things, after a series of incidents in which Putnam County sheriff's deputies said they saw him driving at more than twice the speed limit, spinning his car on the roadway and fleeing police.
- The Brewster school district on Tuesday recognized Brewster High School students who have been volunteering at the Brewster Community Food Pantry for four years.
- Santino Pietrosani of Mahopac is facing menacing and reckless endangerment charges after the Putnam County sheriff's deputies connected him to a nail gun firing incident at a construction site in Southeast, police said.
- Brewster High School wrestlers Michael Larm and Grant Cuomo have won their first Section I title and will go to the New York state championships.
- A Mahopac man faces numerous drug charges after he was arrested at his home in the hamlet’s Lake Ossi area, said Putnam County Sheriff Donald B. Smith.
- "Good Day Hudson Valley" interviewed Mahopac resident and former "Voice" contestant Amanda Ayala on Monday
- After nearly three decades of protecting the public, it wasn’t much of a leap for former detective James Bambino to switch to his current job as head of security at the Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.