Santa Claus is coming to Yorktown this weekend, and he’s bringing a host of road closures for the annual Holiday Lights parade.
Yorktown Police Chief Robert Noble announced that “to provide for the safety of parade participants and spectators,” there will be road closures beginning at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 1.
The parade is scheduled to begin on Front Street, near the Yorktown Highway Department, and will travel west on Underhill Avenue to the intersection with Commerce Street. The parade will continue on Commerce Street to Veterans Road, concluding with ceremonies at the Yorktown Community Cultural Center.
During the parade, which is expected to last approximately an hour, the following roads will be closed:
- Front Street at Underhill Avenue;
- Commerce Street from Kear Street to Veterans Road;
- Veterans Road from Commerce Street to Maple Street;
- Kear Street at Underhill Avenue;
- Downing Drive at Commerce Street;
- Hanover Road at Commerce Street;
- Maple Hill Street between Yorktown Post Office and Veterans Road, and;
- Underhill Avenue at Route 118.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.