This story has been updated.
Multiple people, including children, were found unconscious inside a Westchester apartment complex after being exposed to carbon monoxide.
Police and fire officials received the call for a possible CO exposure around 8:30 a.m., Friday, April 19, at 27 Coyle Place in Yonkers, said Yonkers Police Lt. Jared Singer.
"Members of the Yonkers Police Department, Yonkers Fire Department, and Empress Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene and located 11 individuals who appear to be suffering from various degrees of carbon monoxide poisoning; they were all removed to local area hospitals and trauma centers," said Det. Sgt. Dean Politopoulos.
The victims were found when the father of a family came home and found he could not wake up members of his family, the fire department said.
Once on the scene, the Yonkers Fire Department administered oxygen to the victims who ranged in age from 1 to 40 years, said Yonkers Fire Assistant Chief AC Thomas F. Fitzpatrick Jr.
Fitzpatrick said the department found very high levels of carbon monoxide and quickly shut off the boiler and hot water heater.
Five of the victims were taken to Jacobi and six to Westchester Medical Center to be treated.
The cause is under investigation but believed to be faulty heating equipment, Fitzpatrick said.
City and Utility Service inspectors are investigating.
This continues to be a developing story. Check back to Daily Voice for updates.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.