With the weather warming up, golfers have been quick to hit the links in New York at some of the state’s finest golf courses.
Golf Digest, which has been publishing a “Best in State” ranking for courses around the country for more than four decades, recently released their list of the most popular golf courses, including several in New York.
To determine which courses made the cut, Golf Digest’s “trained panel of more than 1,700 low-handicap golfers were tasked with assessing the courses that made the list. In order to be considered, courses had to have a minimum of 25 evaluations accumulated over a 10-year period to qualify for state rankings.
Of the top 30 ranked golf courses, eight from Westchester made the list:
- Fishers Island Club in Mamaroneck (third overall) ;
- Winged Foot Golf Club in Mamaroneck (fourth);
- Quaker Ridge Golf Club in Scarsdale (12th);
- Hudson National Golf Club in Croton-on-Hudson (13th);
- Sleepy Hollow Country Club in Scarborough-on-Hudson (14th);
- Westchester Country Club in Rye (19th);
- Wykagyl Country Club in New Rochelle (20th);
- Fenway Golf Club in Scarsdale (25th).
The complete list of the top golf courses in New York can be found here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.