TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Fans attending a concert at the Tarrytown Music Hall Thursday night got an unexpected intermission.
A gas leak forced the evacuation of the Music Hall during a performance by the Mavericks.
An officer was flagged down after someone smelled a strong odor of gas in the men's bathroom. Police and Con Edison responded and the music hall was evacuated as a precaution, according to Lt. Greg Budnar.
The odor turned out to be coming from Flying Fingers Yarn Store at 15 Main Street and Con Edison turned off the valve, according to Budnar. Con Edison deemed the music hall to be safe and the performance resumed.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.