WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Metal detectors, off-campus lunches and other controversial topics are expected to be discussed by New Rochelle city and school officials during a joint meeting next week in the wake of the third stabbing incident involving high school students in eight days. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- It was quite the afternoon for Sleepy Hollow Fire Chief John Korzelius when he crawled out onto a lake to rescue a deer stranded on a frozen lake in Pocantico Hills.
- Amazon announced 20 finalists for its second headquarters on Thursday morning, with nearly all big U.S. cities, including New York.
- The unemployment rate in Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland, and Orange increased year over year according to the State Labor Department's report for Nov. 2017.
- A 13-year-old girl staying at the Graham Windham residential center in Hastings-on-Hudson stabbed a fellow teenager there and injured a staff member.
- Starbucks lovers will have a new place to check out in Westchester.
- Motorists with outstanding toll violations will have a chance to wipe the slate clean under a cashless toll amnesty program for customers using the new Tappan Zee Bridge unveiled by the Thruway Authority on Wednesday.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Daily Voice Northern Westchester on Twitter @DVWestchester_N by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.