PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The Saturday fire in Peekskill that began in a bedroom and left five families homeless looks as though it was accidental, News 12 Hudson Valley reports.
Authorities told News 12 the fire began about 11:45 a.m. inside the Main Street building that has three floors, then engulfed all floors within minutes, according to the report.
There were four people at home at the time the fire broke out who were not injured, News 12 reports.
To see the full News 12 report, click here.
Read about the fire on the Daily Voice here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.