PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Holiday merriment begins Saturday, Dec. 3 with the annual Peekskill Tree Lighting Ceremony at the gazebo, on the corner of Division and Park Streets.
The season's 2016 Peekskill Makes Me Merry holiday campaign, sponsored by the Peekskill Business Improvement District, kicks off at 4:30 p.m. with the ceremony at the gazebo.
There will be live performances by Clayton Bryant, of the documentary, “20 Feet from Stardom” and the Arts10566 Youth Chorus, singer/ entertainer of classic pop and love songs, Doug Ferony, as well as Broadway star Joni Lanza.
The entertainers are performing at the the Paramount Hudson Valley this month. Kacey Morabito of WHUD Radio will be emcee for the evening.
After the performances, Santa Claus will arrive on a Peekskill Fire Truck, followed by the official lighting of the tree. There will be free hot chocolate and cookies.
Immediately following the Tree Lighting, the Peekskill Arts Alliance Holiday Boutique is having an opening reception at the Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce, One South Division St.
The boutique runs Friday, Dec. 2 to Sunday, Dec. 4.
Click here for information.
- Santa will return Saturday, Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to the Paramount Hudson Valley for Santa Makes Me Merry and Third Annual Toy Give-A-Way.
- There will be free admission, complimentary refreshments, and toys for children.
- Children can meet Santa and watch holiday cartoons on the Paramount's big screen.
- An illusionist will entertain children while on line to meet Santa, and visitors can listen to holiday story time with April Armstrong at noon.
2016 Santa Crawl
- On Saturday, Dec. 17, from 7:30 p.m. until closing, downtown restaurants will participate in the 2016 Santa Crawl.
- Those dressed in holiday garb and/or wearing a "Peekskill Makes Me Merry" pin are eligible for specials and discounts at participating restaurants.
- Pins are available during business hours at the Peekskill Chamber of Commerce, 1 S. Division St.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.