PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Live music and French ballet are among the offerings this weekend in the city.
Friday, Aug. 17
- Mixing In Math: 3:30 p.m. Numbers fun for kids ages 5 and older. Field Library, 4 Nelson Ave.
- This Is Me College Scholarship Fundraiser: 5-9 p.m. The event will feature live music, an open-mic segment, food, refreshments, games and a bouncy castle. The entry price is $25 per person, and children 12 and under will be admitted free. 1829 Maple Ave.
- Johnny Feds & da Bluez Boyz: 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Johnny & da Boyz won the most votes from the judges in the 2008 Connecticut Blues Society's Blues Challenge, taking them into the finals. $10 entertainment Fee or $5 with dinner entree. 12 Grapes, 12 N. Division St.
- SlideAttack: 7:30-10:30 p.m. A jazz quintet featuring trombonists Howard Levy and Alan Goidel that plays fresh arrangements of jazz standards from the swing era to hard bop and beyond. Admission is $10. BeanRunner Cafe, 201 S. Division St.
- Phil Dollard: 6-9 p.m. The area musician will perform a free live set in the outdoor beer garden for patrons. Birdsall House, 970 Main St.
Saturday, Aug. 18
- Fred Smith Ensemble: 7:30-10:30 p.m. Fred Smith, former musical director for the Harlem Blues & Jazz Band, is the trumpeter of choice for swing bands including Panama Francis Orchestra, George Kelly's Jazz Sultans, and Al Cobb's Big Band. Admission is $10. BeanRunner Cafe, 201 S. Division St.
- Mustard Seed Magic: 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. This four-piece band performs songs from Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, Janis Joplin, Adelle and more. Admission is a $5 entertainment fee for all, including diners. 12 Grapes, 12 N. Division St.
Sunday, Aug. 19
- La Bayadere: 1 p.m. Performed at the Paris Opera Ballet and choreographed by Rudolf Nureyev Starring Aurélie Dupont, Josua Hoffalt and Ludmila Pagliero. Show is three hours, including two intermissions. Admission is $20 for the general public. Paramount Center for the Arts. 1008 Brown St.
- Harmonium: 6-8:30 p.m. Harmonium is a world-fusion band that incorporates very different styles of playing into one unique entity. The use of various instruments from around the world allows the band to create sounds that free the mind and spirit. The $10 cover goes towards food and drink. 12 Grapes, 12 N. Division St.
- Bluegrass Jam hosted by Trevor Hochman: 6-9 p.m. A free show in the outdoor beer garden. Birdsall House, 970 Main St.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.