PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- From Mardi Gras jazz to spaghetti dinners, there's plenty to do in Peekskill this weekend:
- The Rotary Community Corps of KEON will be hosting its Annual Spaghetti Dinner from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the KEON Center at 2 John Walsh Boulevard. Admission is $10 for adults, $8 for children under 12. Reservations are suggested. For information or reservations, call (914) 737-6980 ext. 144.
- The BeanRunner Cafe will host Tony Pastrana and NY Latin Jazz starting at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
- Rueben's Mexican cafe will have the Bookends Trio performing from 9 p.m. to midnight. Admission is free for patrons.
- 12 Grapes will have The Hahnbone Band performing at 9:30 p.m. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee or $5 with a dinner entree.
- Birdsall House will host the band Vintage Vinyl, playing deep cuts from the 1960s and 1970s at 10 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- Peekskill will be getting its first Mardi Gras celebration at a fundraising event sponsored by Cross Cultural Connections, a non-profit organization founded by Peekskill Jazz musician Ray Blue. The party starts at 5:30 p.m. when Blue and some of the musicians have a parade from the gazebo at Park and Division streets to the Elks Lodge, where there will be live New Orleans jazz and a Cajun/Creole style buffet for a $50 cover. There will also be a cash bar. For information call (614) 319-8008. Reservations are required.
- BeanRunner Cafe will host the Fred Smith Ensemble's "Traveling Through the History of Jazz" part three starting at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
- 12 Grapes will host the Chris O'Leary Band starting at 9:30 p.m. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee or $5 with a dinner entree.
- Rueben's Mexican Cafe will have DJ Ebbugy y Regalos Toda La Nocheat from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- The Paramount Center for the Arts will hold a screening of the Opera "Otello", based on the classic play Othello at 1 p.m. The live-filmed opera is sung in Italian with English subtitles and is 2 hours 22 minutes long, plus one intermission. General admission is $20.
- BeanRunner Cafe will host a special "Living with Cancer," Benefit for musician Rob Morsberger and his family. Morsberger was recently diagnosed with cancer. The first show begins at 4 p.m. and runs until 6 p.m., the second show will begin at 7 p.m. and run until 9 p.m. A $30 donation is suggested.
- 12 Grapes will host a celebration of George Harrison from 6 to 9 p.m. featuring Steve Chizmadia, Eric Puente, Paul Silverman, Seth Slater and friends. Admission is a $5 entertainment fee that goes directly to the band.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.