OSSINING, N.Y. – Polls open Tuesday at 7 a.m. for a special Ossining Union Free School District transportation vote.
Voting, open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., takes place in the Ossining High School gymnasium. The referendum would eliminate busing for some middle and high school students as the transportation limit would increase at all schools except Claremont School.
The changes are estimated to save $413,262.
Ossining’s current mileage limits stand at:
- Kindergarten to third grade – 1/5 miles
- Fourth to eighth grade – 1 mile
- Nine to 12th grade – 1.5 miles
The proposed limit change would be:
- Kindergarten to fourth grade – 1/5 miles
- Fifth grade – 1 mile
- Sixth to eighth grade – 1.5 miles
- Nine to 12th grade – 2 miles
The results of the vote are expected to help the Ossining School Board make its final decisions on the budget.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.