OSSINING, N.Y. -- A pot left on the stove for too long caused a fire at an Ossining apartment building Wednesday morning.
Ossining Firefighters responded to smoke in a first floor apartment at 25 S. Highland Ave. at around 7 a.m. Wednesday. The fire department reported no injuries and no one in the building had to be evacuated.
It took firefighters about an hour to contain the smoke.
Other apartments were checked, but were deemed safe, firefighters said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.