This story has been updated.
Two people were hospitalized after being sickened by an unknown odor at Mahopac High School.
Mahopac Falls Fire and EMS were dispatched to the high school around 12:08 p.m., Monday, July 15, and found the two school employees suffering from the unknown odor, said Jack Casey of the Mahopac Falls Volunteer Fire Department.
Mahopac Falls ambulance transported the stricken employee as a priority. Firefighters checked on the second patient, who refused transported, but agreed to go by car to be checked at Putnam Hospital., Casey said.
The building was evacuated and the cause of the substance was traced to contractors in a part of the building under construction using adhesives.
Information on the condition of the employees was not available.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.