OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining last week:
- Seventeen Westchester County municipalities were ranked in Safe Choice Security's "29 Safest Cities" in New York.
- The Town of Ossining will begin negotiations with the Village of Ossining to use its police force.
- Some Catholic churches in Westchester and the rest of the state may be consolidating or closing and the Archdiocese of New York is expected to announce its final decision this month.
- Lucius Crawford, the Mount Vernon man, who was convicted of stabbing his girlfriend 31 times in a jealous rage in 2012, has been sentenced to a minimum of 25 years in prison for murder.
- The New York State Department of Health is advising parents and health care providers to be aware of the signs and symptoms of a serious respiratory illness known as enterovirus EV-D68, which has now been confirmed in more than a dozen children in New York State.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.