The events include following:
- Art exhibits: an exhibit by Winifred Boyd, with an opening reception on Saturday, April 4, at 2 p.m., and hallway gallery display by Anita Sklar, will run from April 1 through 29.
- Thursday Evening Book Discussion Group will be on April 9 at 7 p.m., discussing “The Women Behind The New Deal: The Life of Francis Perkins,” by Kirstin Downey. The event is free in the 2nd floor Conference Room.
- Poetry Writing Class will be on Thursdays, April 10, 17 and 24 at 2 p.m. Learn first-hand how to write poetry. This class is taught by writer and poet Catherine Wald. Registration is required. The event is free and will be in the 2nd Floor Conference Room.
- A Demystifying Medicare Presentation will be on April 12 at 1:30 p.m. This event will answer any questions and concerns you have about Medicare. This presentation is co-sponsored with Livable Communities. It's free, and will take place in the Budarz Theater.
- A President Abraham Lincoln Presentation, with local Lincoln historian John Muranelli, is an informative presentation on the assassination of Lincoln. The event is free, in the 2nd floor Conference Room.
- Money Talks Financial Workshop will be on April 18 at 2 p.m. Two Financial Representatives will give an informative presentation on how to be financially successful. This free event in the 2nd floor Conference Room. Registration is required.
- Senior Supportive Housing Presentation with a representative from Westchester Independent Living Center of White Plains, will give an informative and insightful presentation on housing for seniors in Westchester County. This presentation is designed for seniors only. This program is co-sponsored by Livable Communities. It will be on April 20 at 10 a.m., is free and will be in the 2nd floor Conference Room.
- Health & Wellness Series will be on April 22 at 7 p.m. Local nutritionist, Ilia Regini, will discuss how to make simple recipe’s at home such as a healthy nutritious salad. The free event is in the Budarz Theater.
To see the rest of the schedule for April, visit http://www.ossininglibrary.org/.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Ossining and receive free news updates.