ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Looking for some family-friendly Halloween fun this weekend? Rockland County is full of spooky events meant for young and young at heart.
Rockland Boulders Field of Screamz
- When: Oct. 28 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Oct. 29 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: Palisades Credit Union Park in Pomona
- What to expect: Admission is $12 for one of the scariest haunted houses in the county. Saturday is the last night to for Field of Screamz.
Clarkstown Goblin Parade
- When: Saturday, Oct. 29 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Where: Congers Lake State Park, Congers
- What: Hayride, costume judging, bouncy house and more. Costume contest for boys and girls up to 10 years old. Registration: on site.
Stony Point’s Halloween Spooktacular
- When: Friday, Oct. 28 at 6 p.m.
- Where: Kirkbride Hall, 6 Patriots Lane, Stony Point.
- What to expect: Hayrides, pumpkin painting, a bounce house, haunted basement, and more.
Annual Nyack Halloween Parade
- When: Oct. 29 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Main Street in Nyack
- What to expect: With floats, marching bands, and over 300 costumed marchers in one of the biggest Halloween parade outside of New York City. The event is sponsored by the Nyack Chamber of Commerce.
Suffern Halloween Parade
- When: Oct. 30 from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Where: Lafayette Avenue in Suffern
- What to expect: The annual Suffern Halloween Parade will travel down Lafayette Avenue and end at the Suffern Gazebo where there will be a costume contest.
Haverstraw Annual Village Halloween Parade
- When: Oct. 31 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: 50 West Broad Street, Haverstraw
- What to expect: The parade and costume contest is open to people of all ages.
31st Annual Sloatsburg Halloween Parade
- When: Oct. 29 from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Where: Entrance to the Community Fields
- What to expect: The parade starts at the Community Fields, moves down Route 17, onto Seven Lakes Drive before finishing at Sloatsburg Elementary School. Costume contest judging will begin at 4 p.m. The village of Sloatsburg has several other Halloween events lined up, like the Harmony Halloween Party on Oct. 29 and Trunk or Treat on Oct. 30. Visit the village of Sloatsburg website for more information on those events.
Pearl River Chamber of Commerce Trick-Or-Treating Tradition
- When: Oct. 31 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Pearl River
- What to expect: Participating downtown businesses donate the special treats and time to make this a fun-filled event happen. It's a safe alternative to house-to-house trick-or-treating.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.