RED HOOK, N.Y. -- The Red Hook barn that was devastated by the loss of more than 100 goats last year during a fire, has received some new livestock thanks to the help of strangers, according to Time Warner Cable News.
The barn, on Sheehan's Farm, was destroyed after a space heater used to warm the goats tipped over and started a fire, reported Time Warner Cable News.
A fundraiser, started after the fire, helped the farm buy 35 goats and put a new roof on the barn, said Time Warner Cable News.
The goats that perished during the fire were part of the farm's effort, "Green Goats," a program that uses goats to get rid of unwanted vegetation, said Time Warner Cable News.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.