NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Following is a list of upcoming events this week in North Salem:
- Monday: Presidents Day. The library and the post offices are closed. Most stores are open usual hours.
- Monday: Recess week for school children in North Salem begins. Classes resume on Monday, February 27.
- Tuesday: Shrove Tuesday in the Christian calendar. Shrove Tuesday is also known as Fat Tuesday, or Mardi Gras. The English custom of eating pancakes on Shrove Tuesday will be observed at St. James Episcopal Church with a pancake supper, starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 11 a.m. The Writers Workshop at the Ruth Keeler Memorial Library. Writers and aspiring writers are invited to discuss writing and share their material with others under the leadership of author/teacher Pam Pooley. Registration is not required. Drop-ins are welcome.
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 7:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Muscoot Farm offers families the opportunity to experience real farm life by helping with morning chores. Water and feed the animals, muck out stalls, and clean pens. A farmers breakfast with the farm staff will follow. Children 3-years-old and older are welcome. At least one adult must accompany a child participant. You may only sign up for one day. The fee is $10 per person. For more information call 914-864-7286.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.