There were more than 100 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Orange County in the past 24 hours as the virus continues to rapidly spread throughout the Hudson Valley.
The state Department of Health reported that there were 115 newly confirmed cases in Orange County, after seeing single and double-digit daily rises in new cases over the summer and earlier in the fall.
There have now been 15,703 COVID-19 confirmed positives reported in Orange County out of more than 280,000 tests. The overall 5.7 positive infection rate dipped slightly, but is still among the highest rates in the region.
One new COVID-19 fatality was reported in the county as the virus-related death toll rose to 517.
The daily infection rate in Orange County over the previous five recorded days, according to the state Department of Health:
- Wednesday, Nov. 18: 2,403 COVID-19 tests administered, resulting in 154 (6.4 percent) testing positive;
- Thursday, Nov. 19: 2,354 COVID-19 tests administered, resulting in 111 (4.7 percent) testing positive;
- Friday, Nov. 20: 2,552 COVID-19 tests administered, resulting in 122 (4.8 percent) testing positive;
- Saturday, Nov. 21: 2,316 COVID-19 tests administered, resulting in 73 (3.2 percent) testing positive;
- Sunday, Nov. 22: 2,956 COVID-19 tests administered, resulting in 115 (3.9 percent) testing positive.
The seven-day rolling infection rate in Orange County during that stretch held steady at 4.7 percent, while the 14-day average rose from 4 percent to 4.3 percent.
A breakdown of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Orange County as of Tuesday, Nov. 24:
- City of Newburgh: 2,080;
- Palm Tree: 1,659;
- City of Middletown: 1,530;
- New Windsor: 1,283;
- Wallkill: 1,212;
- Newburgh: 1,122;
- Montgomery: 873;
- Warwick: 838;
- Monroe: 803;
- Goshen: 625;
- Blooming Grove: 503;
- Chester: 464;
- Woodbury: 412;
- Highlands: 407;
- Wawayanda: 287;
- Mount Hope: 243;
- Cornwall: 243;
- Hamptonburgh: 212;
- City of Port Jervis: 210;
- Crawford: 151;
- Deerpark: 128;
- Minisink: 105;
- Tuxedo: 98;
- Greenville: 97.
In the past 24 hours, there were 164,761 COVID-19 administered, resulting in 4,881 positive tests. The overall infection rate statewide is at 2.96 percent, though the state's focus area micro-clusters - including parts of Orange County - is at 4.13 percent.
Since the pandemic began in March, there have been 18,187,840 New Yorkers tested for the virus, with 602,120 testing positive. The Department of Health has confirmed 26,390 COVID-19 fatalities.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.