NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The College of New Rochelle School of Nursing is holding an RN-BSN and Second Degree Program Open House from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday at Sweeny Campus Center Room C, 29 Castle Place.
Attendees can meet with program directors and financial aid officers.
The RN-BSN program offers registered nurses the flexibility to earn a Bachelor of Science in nursing degree. The time to completion remains flexible with progression determined by the RN’s needs.
Highlights of the RN-BSN program include:
- RN license validates 36 credits for transfer.
- Up to 90 credits can be transferred from other college work.
- Flexibility to accommodate the working nurse.
- Personalized progression planning with a nurse adviser.
- Clinical experiences relevant to the current health care delivery system in the community.
- Faculty with a broad range of clinical expertise and advanced academic education.
The Second Degree Program is inviting people who have received a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in a non-nursing field of study to the Second Degree Open House.
Prospective students will be able to meet with the assistant dean of recruitment and planning and the assistant director of financial aid.
The Second Degree program offers two tracks: The Accelerated Track is a prescribed sequence of required nursing courses taken over 18 months of study. One of the criteria of this track is that the student must have successfully completed all 61 credits of liberal arts and science prerequisite courses.
The Individualized Track supports full-time study, and the student will complete the nursing program in about 2 1/2 years. Upon successful completion of the program, students will graduate with a Bachelor of Science in nursing degree.
For more information, visit www.cnr.edu.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.