NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Students at New Rochelle High School were sent home early Wednesday after the district said it received a threatening phone call.
The superintendent's office confirmed that a phone call had been made to the school that caused the district to evacuate students. Parents were notified about the early dismissal.
"Shortly before noon today, two phone calls were received by the Principal’s Office and Assistant Principal’s Office at New Rochelle High School threatening the safety of the adults and students in the building. All students and staff have been safely evacuated and the decision has been made to end the school day. Law enforcement authorities are inspecting the High School section by section," Jeffrey Korostoff, the interim superintendent, said in a statement. "Students who receive special transportation were relocated to Iona College where buses will return them home. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available."
In addition, the Night School Program, Adult Education Program and all extra-curricular activities at the High School including athletic events planned for Wednesday were canceled.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.