With the weather warming up, golfers have been quick to hit the links in New York at some of the state’s finest courses.
Golf Digest, which has been publishing a “Best in State” ranking for courses around the country for more than four decades, recently released their list of the most popular golf courses, including several in New York.
To determine which courses made the cut, Golf Digest’s “trained panel of more than 1,700 low-handicap golfers were tasked with assessing the courses that made the list. In order to be considered, courses had to have a minimum of 25 evaluations accumulated over a 10-year period to qualify for state rankings.
Of the top 30 ranked golf courses, 15 from Long Island made the list:
- Shinnecock Hills in Southampton (first overall);
- National G. Links of America in Southampton (second);
- Friar’s Head Golf Club in Baiting Hollow (fourth);
- Bethpage Black in Farmingdale (seventh);
- Sebonack Golf Club in Southampton (eighth);
- Garden City Golf Club (ninth);
- Maidstone Club in East Hampton (11th);
- Piping Rock Club in Locust Valley (13th);
- The Creek in Locust Valley (16h);
- Atlantic Golf Club in Bridgehampton (17th);
- Glen Oaks Club in Old Westbury (21st);
- Deepdale Golf Club in Manhasset (22nd);
- The Bridge in Bridgehampton (24th);
- Westhampton Country Club in Westhampton Beach (26th);
- Meadow Brook Club in Jericho (27th).
The complete list of the top golf courses in New York can be found here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.