A teenage armed robber who committed five robberies in eight days at several Long Island businesses has been apprehended, police said.
Bay Shore resident Anahi Gomez, 18, was arrested by Suffolk County Police following an investigation into a string of robberies between Friday, Dec. 27 and Friday, Jan. 3 at five different businesses between Huntington Station and Lake Ronkonkoma.
It is alleged that Gomez entered the businesses, displaying what appeared to be a handgun, then fled with an undisclosed amount of money.
The five businesses Gomez targeted:
- Applegreen, at 540 Islip Ave. in Islip, on Friday, Jan. 3 at 9:22 p.m.;
- Grog Shop, at 185 Depot Road, in Huntington Station on Monday, Dec. 30 at 7:27 p.m.;
- 76, at 1714 New York Ave., in Huntington Station on Saturday, Dec. 28 at 10:45 p.m.;
- Delta, at 85 Church St., in Lake Ronkonkoma on Friday, Dec. 27 at 9:32 p.m.;
- Valero, at 1628 Montauk Highway in Oakdale, on Friday, Dec. 27 at 8:31 p.m.
The investigation into the robberies led police to Gomez, who was arrested on Tuesday, Jan. 7 and charged with five counts of first-degree robbery. She was scheduled to be arraigned in First District Court in Central Islip on Wednesday, Jan. 8.
According to police, the investigation into the area robberies is ongoing. Anyone with information has been asked to contact the Suffolk County Police Major Case Unit by calling (631) 852-6553 or Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-220-TIPS.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.