A Long Island teen was arrested after allegedly displaying a gun while driving and then fleeing from police.
Shaolin James Bell, age 19, of Hempstead, was arrested on Saturday, Nov. 20 in Uniondale, said the Nassau County Police.
According to detectives, officers responded to the intersection of Nassau Road and Argyle Avenue for reports of a man displaying a gun.
Officers were provided with a description of the suspect and were able to locate Bell. When officers attempted to arrest him, he fled from officers, police said.
A perimeter was established and the defendant was located in front of 564 Park Avenue and placed under arrest without further incident.
Upon further investigation, officers recovered a loaded firearm, police said.
Bell was charged with:
- Three counts of possession of a weapon
- Two counts of criminal possession of a weapon
- Endangering the welfare of a child
- Two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.