There was an uptick in positive test results for COVID-19 on Long Island, according to three-day data released Thursday, July 23.
Of the 69,698 tests conducted on Wednesday, July 22 in New York State, 811, or 1.16 percent, were positive.
On Long Island, the positive percentages in the last three days are as follows:
- Monday, July 20: 1.4 percent
- Tuesday, July 21: 1.0 percent
- Wednesday, July 22: 1.4 percent
There were 51 new COVID-19 cases reported in Nassau County with another 94 positive cases in Suffolk County.
There were 13 deaths due to COVID-19 in New York State on Wednesday, with none on Long Island.
Here is overall state data for Wednesday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 706 (-8)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 71 (-10)
- Number ICU - 160 (-19)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 93 (-3)
- Total Discharges - 72,466 (+80)
- Deaths - 13
- Total Deaths - 25,081
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.