There was an uptick in positive test results for COVID-19 on Long Island, according to brand-new five-day data released by New York State on Monday, Aug. 3.
Of the 51,839 test results reported on Sunday, Aug. 2 to New York State, 545, or 1.05 percent, were positive.
On Long Island, the positive percentages in the last five days are as follows:
- Wednesday, July 29: 1.2 percent
- Thursday, July 30: 0.9 percent
- Friday, July 31: 1.1 percent
- Saturday, Aug. 1.0 percent
- Sunday, Aug. 2: 1.3 percent
A total of 545 new COVID cases were reported on Sunday, bringing the statewide total to 416,843 during the pandemic.
There were 58 new COVID-19 cases reported in Nassau County (up seven from a day earlier) Sunday with another 50 positive cases in Suffolk County (up five from a day earlier).
There were three deaths due to COVID-19 in New York State on Saturday, with none on Long Island.
Here is overall state data for Sunday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 536 (-20)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 58
- Number ICU - 136 (-7)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 62 (-9)
- Total Discharges - 73,279 (+57)
- Deaths - 3
- Total Deaths - 25,172
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.