The number of positive test results for COVID-19 has remained steady on Long Island, according to three-day data released Sunday, Oct. 18.
In "Red Zone" focus areas included as part of New York's Cluster Action Initiative, the positivity rate for test results reported Saturday, Oct. 17 was 3.19 percent - down from 4.34 the day before.
Here are positivity testing rates for the last three days on Long Island:
- Thursday, Oct. 15: 1.1 percent
- Friday, Oct. 16: 1.0 percent
- Saturday, Oct. 17: 1.1 percent
There were 102 new COVID-19 cases reported in Nassau County with another 88 positive cases in Suffolk County.
There were seven deaths due to COVID-19 in New York State on Sunday, with none on Long Island -- bringing the total to 25,644 during the pandemic.
Here is overall state data for Saturday:
- Patient Hospitalization: 913 (-16)
- Patients Newly Admitted: 118
- Number ICU: 200 (+5)
- Number ICU with Intubation: 102 (-1)
- Total Discharges: 78,362 (+127)
- Deaths: 7
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.