The number of positive test results for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on Long Island has fallen slightly from a day earlier, according to four-day data released Thursday, July 9.
Statewide, there were 584 additional cases of novel coronavirus on Wednesday, July 8, bringing the statewide total to 399,513 confirmed cases.
On Long Island, the positive percentages in the last four days are as follows:
- Sunday, July 5: 0.90 percent
- Monday, July 6: 1.0 percent
- Tuesday, July 7: 1.3 percent
- Wednesday, July 8: 0.90 percent
There were 42 new COVID-19 cases reported in Nassau County with another 50 positive cases in Suffolk County.
Here is overall state data for Wednesday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 851 (+10)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 79 (-5)
- Hospital Counties - 33
- Number ICU - 173 (+7)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 98 (+1)
- Total Discharges - 71,279 (+94)
- Deaths - 8
- Total Deaths - 24,959
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.