The number of positive test results for COVID-19 on Long Island has remained steady, according to five-day data released Monday, July 20.
Of the 49,342 tests conducted Sunday, July 19 in New York State, 519, or 1.05 percent, were positive.
On Long Island, the positive percentages in the last five days are as follows:
- Wednesday, July 15: 0.9 percent
- Thursday, July 16: 0.9 percent
- Friday, July 17: 1.0 percent
- Saturday, July 18: 0.9 percent
- Sunday, July 19: 1.0 percent
There were 56 new COVID-19 cases reported in Nassau County (up 28 from a day earlier) with another 30 positive cases in Suffolk County (up four from a day earlier).
There were eight deaths statewide due to COVID-19 in New York State on Sunday, bringing the total to 25,056. None of Sunday's deaths were on Long Island.
Here is overall state data for Sunday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 716 (-6)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 58 (-21)
- Number ICU - 158 (-2)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 93 (-3)
- Total Discharges - 72,229 (+68)
- Deaths - 8
- Total Deaths - 25,056
Click here to follow Daily Voice Nassau and receive free news updates.