The number of positive test results for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is holding steady on Long Island, according to brand-new five-day data released Saturday, July 11.
Statewide, of the 69,203 tests conducted on Friday, July 10 in New York State, 730, or 1.05 percent, were positive.
On Long Island, the positive percentages in the last five days are as follows:
- Monday, July 6: 1.0 percent
- Tuesday, July 7: 1.3 percent
- Wednesday, July 8: 0.90 percent
- Thursday, July 9: 1.0 percent
- Friday, July 10: 1.0 percent
There were 35 new COVID-19 cases reported in Nassau County (33 less than a day earlier) with another 76 positive cases in Suffolk County (14 more than a day earlier).
Here is overall state data for Friday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 799 (-27)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 75 (-12)
- Number ICU - 177 (-1)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 100 (+8)
- Total Discharges - 71,477 (+106)
- Deaths - 6
- Total Deaths - 24,974
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.