Health authorities have issued an advisory about COVID-19 exposure at two Long Island restaurants.
The two eateries and exposure dates, according to the Suffolk County Health Department, are:
- Senor Taco Mexican Grill & Bar, located at 1028 Route 25A, Mount Sinai, on Friday, Nov. 20 and Tuesday, Nov. 24;
- Phil’s Restaurant, located at 1856 Wading River Manor Road, Wading River, on Friday, Nov. 20, Saturday, Nov. 21, Monday, Nov. 23, or Tuesday, Nov. 24.
"This information is being shared with the public immediately upon discovery through intensive case investigation that more than one person connected with each of these venues has contracted the virus," the department said in a statement on Wednesday, Dec. 2.
"Those who were potentially exposed should monitor themselves for symptoms for 14 days after visiting the restaurant," the department said.
According to the CDC, symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing,
- muscle or body aches,
- new loss of taste or smell,
- sore throat,
- congestion or runny nose,
- nausea or vomiting,
Suffolk County health officials also encourage potentially exposed persons to be tested for COVID-19. For information on COVID-19, visit www.suffolkcountyny.gov/COVID19.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.