Long Island saw a slight downturn in the positivity rate for COVID-19 testing, according to newly released data on Sunday, Sept. 13.
Of a total of 72,668 test results reported on Saturday, Sept. 12 to New York State yesterday, 725, or 0.99 percent, were positive.
Here are positivity testing rates for the last five days on Long Island:
- Tuesday, Sept. 8: 1.8 percent
- Wednesday, Sept. 9: 1.0 percent
- Thursday, Sept. 10: 1.3 percent
- Friday, Sept. 11: 1.4 percent
- Saturday, Sept. 12: 1.2 percent
In Nassau County, 78 new cases were confirmed on Saturday (down five from a day earlier) with another 68 in Suffolk County (down 13 from the previous day).
A total of 725 new COVID cases were reported in New York on Saturday, bringing the statewide total to 444,365 during the pandemic.
There were six deaths due to COVID-19 in New York State on Saturday, with one on Long Island (in Suffolk County) -- bringing the total to 25,390 during the pandemic.
Here is overall state data for Friday:
- Patient Hospitalization - 464 (-3)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 57
- Hospital Counties - 33
- Number ICU - 131 (+4)
- Number ICU with Intubation - 54 (+3)
- Total Discharges - 75,767 (+60)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.