Contact Us
Mt. Kisco Daily Voice serves Mt. Kisco, NY
Return to your home site


Mt. Kisco Daily Voice serves Mt. Kisco, NY
Breaking News: New Round Of Snow Possible Before Potential For Major Storm Later This Week

Bedford Police Charge Mt. Kisco Woman With DWI

BEDFORD, N.Y.-- Bedford Police charged Mount Kisco resident Maureen P. Sheehan, 51, with driving while intoxicated.

On May 18, a caller reported an erratic driver driving northbound on Bedford Road in Bedford Hills. Police said the caller told them he was able to stop Sheehan's car at the intersection of Bedford Road and Haines Road by pulling in front of the car and slowing down. 

When police arrived around 4:49 p.m., the Audi had come to a stop in the wrong lane of traffic on Haines Road. Officers said Sheehan had a strong smell of alcohol on her breath and her eyes were glassy and bloodshot.

Sheehan failed field sobriety tests, police said. She was arrested and charged with both DWI and aggravated DWI, both misdemeanors. Police said Sheehan received the charge of aggravated DWI because her blood-alcohol content measured 0.22 percent, which is close to three times the legal limit.

Sheehan was released on her own recognizance and a court appearance was scheduled for May 24.

The following item was also reported in the Beford Police Blotter.

Bedford Police charged Daniel M. McCutchen, 34, of Mount Kisco, with physical harrassment and first-degree criminal contempt.

Police said the Bedford woman involved in the incident reported that around 5:30 p.m. on May 14, she was in a physical and verbal dispute with McCutchen in which he pushed, kicked and verbally abused her and threatened to take away her children.

Police said McCutchen violated an order of protection the woman had filed against him through Westchester Family Court.

McCutchen was not on the scene when police arrived, police said.

Officers contacted McCutchen on May 18 and asked him to come to Bedford Police Headquarters, which he did the next day. 

Bedford Police charged McCutchen with second-degree harrassment (physical contact), a violation, and first-degree criminal contempt, a class E felony.

He was released on $260 bail and was scheduled to return to the Town of Bedford Court on May 24.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.