When did you first notice the pain? Carrying a child? After doing one extra lap around the track? Climbing stairs? There’s the audible creak as you bend the knee, the ache, maybe even the swelling.
About 600,000 knee replacements are performed in the United States every year. While this can be a life-changing option for many, it isn’t necessarily the only option.
To share more about what you can do for your knee pain, Northern Westchester Hospital is hosting a free seminar on September 19, at 6 p.m., in the first floor conference center. The hospital’s orthopedic experts are once again partnering with their colleagues in anesthesia and rehabilitation to discuss treatment options (surgical and non-surgical), pain relief — including information about innovative techniques in pain management to help reduce the need for opioids — and recovery, as well as answer your questions.
Participating on the panel are leading experts in their fields:
• Evan Karas, MD, FAAOS, who will speak to partial knee replacement as well as patient-specific technology.
• Victor Khabie, MD, FAAOS, FACS, who will share a demo and discuss NAVIO Robotics-assisted knee replacement surgery.
• Daniel Howard, MD, who specializes in arthritis and non-operative treatments for arthritic knees.
• Evan Hawkins, MD, who will address total knee replacements.
• Christie Sasso, MD, who will discuss enhanced recovery after surgery.
• Brittany Garrett, PT, DPT, who specializes in post-operative physical therapy.
Seating is limited and prior events have sold out, so register for this free seminar today! Please visit sept2019knee.eventbrite.com to sign up. Light refreshments will be served.